Chartered accountancy is one among the highly esteemed professional degree course which offers great opportunities for aspirants. Once you become a qualified CA you can either go for a job in a reputed firm or can choose to start your own practice.
Now let us discuss the reasons why Chartered Accountancy is considered a rewarding career option.
- Once you qualify all your CA exam, you will have good job opportunities not just in India but from the world over.
- While you are in your CA course you are required to do a compulsory practical training (articleship) of three years, which gives you great practical knowledge, You have the freedom to choose the organization you want to do articleship in.
- In this profession, you have an option either to be some one’s employ or be an employer your self. You have the freedom to choose your boss or be your own boss, you can be an entrepreneur any time you wish.
- As a Chartered Accountant, you have the opportunity to get selected for some high esteemed post in a big firm.
This amazing scope of chartered accountants in India is the only reason why there is a rise in the numbers of coaching for CA in India
Now, knowing about the all the possible benefits this profession provides you can understand why Chartered Accountancy is in such a demand as a career path and students belong to commerce as well as non-commerce stream want to pursue it. If statistics are to be believed every year over 1 lakh students appear the ICAI CA exams (ICAI is the regulating body of the Chartered accountancy). But the Pass Percentage of this exam very low. Though the low pass percentage of this course sometimes demotivates the candidate from pursuing this course this should not be the reason because it depends upon person to person and on their hard work and dedication. If you study sincerely with proper strategy nothing can stop you from qualifying this exam.
Chartered Accountancy Career scope in India
- Once you become a CA with ample practical knowledge you can set up your individual practice and develop your clients.
- Can work as a freelancer in the field of Capital market.
- CA’s are not just restricted to just play with numbers and spreadsheets. You are even required to take some firm decisions in increments of a firms profit.
- Like other professions require you to migrate from your hometown to another city for a promising career ahead, in Chartered Accountancy you have the option of staying in your hometown itself and still have a decent earning.
- Both the government and private sectors have a huge demand for CA’s offering great pay packages.
- No Business organization can run without a CA. With so many Business organizations at every level in our country, there can be no dearth of opportunities for CA wanting to go for their own practice.
- CA is not just a professionally rewarding career option but even in your personal and social life adds a lot of influence.
- There are endless perks associated with this profession, and like said with great power comes great responsibility, so you have to be responsible enough if you want to touch heights in this field.
Above we have discussed what all career scope this profession provides, if you choose CA as your profession you no doubt will have endless career opportunities but all these opportunities come with certain limitations, the type of firm you get placed in, the amount of package you are offered depends upon the number attempts you take to clear this exam and the level of practical knowledge to gather while doing the articleship. The greater number of attempts you take to clear this exam the less is the possibility you are likely to get a placement in a reputed firm with a great package.
Now let us discuss what all it takes to be a CA in India.
- Proper strategy and planning are foremost in starting off with anything, in CA also your strategy plays a very important role in clearing each and every level of this exam.
- You must have proper guidance because without the guidance you will be directionless and end up wasting your precious time.
- Stick with what you have planned because most of the students lack the determination to do things as planned and they keep procrastinating and this sometimes cost them their attempt which will play a very important factor in your future like discussed above.
- Stay focused and have patience.
- Stay away from distractions like social media which may hamper your studies.
- Stay physically fit and mentally stress-free.
In this article, we have covered what scope does CA has in India and what it takes to be a CA in India. After reading this article you must be clear of the immense opportunities and benefits this course has, it will be a little easy for you to decide whether to make it your career choice not by looking at the prospects and demands as well. Here’s wishing you all the very best for your future.